Count Basie Theatre is looking to keep students engaged in the performing arts. While there are challenges in that, its “Curtains Up For Kids” program is aiming to make it possible for many students to experience live performances.
It’s a combined effort with the OceanFirst Charity Challenge, which is looking for donations to help fund this program. Every bit really can help, by providing students of all kinds the opportunity of being able to experience many of the dynamic performances held throughout the year at The Count Basie Theatre.
As mentioned in the fundraiser’s online campaign, the following donations amounts will benefit students in the following ways:
- For $10, you send one student to a culturally enriching educational performance at the Basie
- For $50, you provide pre- and post-show study guides for an entire class
- For $100, you pay for a teaching artist to visit a school and prepare students for what they’ll see on the Basie stage
- For $1,000, you sponsor a performing arts experience for an entire school grade — including tickets to a school show, a teaching artist’s visit to their classes, and study guides
- For $5,000, you allow an entire elementary school to visit the Basie!