Monmouth Park’s sprawling parking will be the location for the next The Basie Presents Drive-In Live event on Thursday , August 27, featuring The Front Bottoms.
THE FRONT BOTTOMS – The Basie Presents Drive-In Live at Monmouth Park
WEDNESDAY AUG 27 • 5PM GATES, 7PM SHOW
ABOUT THE FRONT BOTTOMS:
Comprised of guitarist/vocalist Brian Sella and drummer Mathew Uychich, The Front Bottoms have gripped listeners and press around the world with their ragged honesty and emotional urgency. The New Jersey based band’s 2017 LP, GOING GREY, arrived to critical acclaim with lead single “Peace Sign” breaking into the Alternative Radio charts. GOING GREY is highlighted by a string of celebrated singles, among them “Vacation Town,” “Everyone But You,” and “Raining,” which NPR avowed as “…brutally honest, witty and confessional…” adding, “The group’s heart and humor shine… .” The FADER declared, “The Front Bottoms make memorable sing-a-longs that call back to a different, simpler, sadder era of confessional guitar music” with Stereogum praising the new music as, “grand and reflective and damn near arena-ready.” “…Submit to the awesome power of The Front Bottoms” stated VICE, while A.V. Club professed, “The Front Bottoms are more confident, and secure enough to confess to all they don’t yet know. It’s a privilege to listen in as they work it out.”
Following the release of GOING GREY, The Front Bottoms shared standalone single, “End of summer (now I know),” followed by Ann, the 2nd installment of their Grandma Series EPs. The six-track collection featured five new recordings of never before released fan favorite songs as well as the brand-new track, “Tie Dye Dragon.” The band also joined forces with Manchester Orchestra on the collaborative track, “Allentown,” and released a cover of Kevin Devine’s “Just Stay” as part of his Devinyl Splits releases.
Social distancing measures will operate in accordance with New Jersey guidelines:
• Vehicles will be spaced approximately 9’ apart. Windows may remain open at this distance.
• Cars will park in a staggered fashion to achieve spacing and best visibility.
• Patrons must remain inside their vehicle cabins.
• Patrons may only leave their vehicles only to use restrooms, and will be required to wear masks and maintain social distancing.
• Portable, single-stall restrooms will be cleaned between patrons.
Additional information for these first-of-a-kind concert experiences:
• Passenger vehicles only. No motorcycles, buses, party buses, limousines, bicycles, or foot traffic allowed. ADA accessible vehicles will be permitted.
• All tickets are general admission and spots cannot be reserved.
• Events are rain or shine.
• Concert will take place in the Grandstand General Parking Lot. Cars must enter via Port-au-Peck Avenue. Specific directions below.
• Concessions information forthcoming. Alcohol will not be served.
• Absolutely no tailgating or out-of-vehicle gatherings.
• Attendees will be able to hear the concerts via stage audio and FM radio. Details day of show.
• Cars with more than four occupants will be turned away without refund.
• Vehicles are subject to search upon entry.
• No pets allowed.
State guidance on social distancing, public gatherings and certain procedures and practices is subject to change. The Basie Presents will keep customers informed of changes as they pertain to these events at thebasie.org/drivein
Tickets are available for purchase online through the link below. It’ll be held from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at Monmouth Park’s location on 175 Oceanport Avenue in Oceanport, NJ.
source: Ticketmaster & The Basie via Facebook