It was bound to happen, but it looks like Freehold is the latest town that has started to offer a drive-in theater experience! Naturally, it’s a perfect opportunity given how movie theaters are still not open. These drive-in theaters will be held twice a week throughout the summer, Tuesday and Wednesday, with a new flick being shown each week.
2020 DowntownFreehold.com Family Movie Night
Starlight Drive in Movies Tuesday’s & Wednesday’s.
Freehold Raceway Parking Lot (Between Manalapan Ave. & Park Ave.)
Movie Starts at dusk.-Reservations Required-See Below for details.
At the Freehold Raceway from 8:30pm – 10:30pm
Arrival starts 1 hour prior to showtimes at dusk see below for approximate start times. Sound will be provided through FM radio $5.00 per car with each purchase, you will receive a $5.00 Gift Certificate for local restaurants in Downtown Freehold. Drive-in entrance is Manalapan Avenue to Downtown Freehold Tent for check in where you will be directed to your parking location. Trucks, Vans, SUVs will be parked in the back section. DowntownFreehold.com’s Family Movie Nights are sure to be a hit with all. Our selected movies will bring a smile to family members of all ages ranging from great new movies to all time classics.
· 7/14 and 7/15: E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial; Start time 8:30 pm
· 7/21 and 7/22: A League of Their Own; Start time 8:30 pm
· 7/28 and 7/29: Ferris Buller’s Day Off; Start time 8:30 pm
· 8/4 and 8/5: Toy Story; Start time 8:15 pm
· 8/11 and 8/12: Mamma Mia; Start time 8:15 pm
· 8/18 and 8/19: Grease; Start time 8:15 pm
· 8/25 and 8/26: The Goonies; Start time 8:00 pm
· 9/1 and 9/2: Frozen; Start time 8:00 pm
You can purchase tickets at $5 per car through the link below. The events will be held from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., so make sure you give yourself ample time to arrive and park accordingly. You can check out some of the photos below that DowntownFreehold.com recently posted.
source: Downtown Freehold.com via Facebook