Memorial Day weekend is literally right around the corner, so we’ve been scouring various social media to uncover all of the fun events and things to do in-and-around Red Bank.
Many of them are local, but we’re also including others that are within drivable range. From live music, to remembrances, and even food trucks, there are things to check out and experience. Make sure to check back frequently because we’ll be updating the list accordingly with new things!
The Dublin House: Memorial Day Performance
- May 28th, 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Ribeye Brothers are back for a special Memorial Day performance outside at Temple Bar
Count Basie Theatre: Little Steven & the Disciples of Soul
- May 27, 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Little Steven & The Disciples Of Soul will take the Basie stage for the first time ever when Citi Presents Little Steven’s Underground Garage at the Basie on Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 8pm.
- All tickets will include a physical copy of Soulfire, Steven Van Zandt’s first solo album in nearly two decades.
Walt Street Pub: Live music with Decade
- May 27, 9:45 PM to 1:00 AM
- Kick off your summer with Decade as we make our monthly stop at the ONLY pub/restaurant we play…and the best part is No Cover! Enjoy the great food, drinks and two sets of Neil Young and a mix of other classic 70’s bands you know and love. Acoustic and electric…Decade delivers…
Alex and Ani of Red Bank: Charity event
- May 26, 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Join us on May 26 for our CHARMED BY CHARITY Event! 15% of the event sales will benefit Long Branch Concordance Family Success Center!
Red Bank Elk Lodge: Memorial Day Remembrance
- May 29, 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Memorial Day is a day to remember the fallen heros of America’s Armed Forces.
- 11:00 am we are meeting at Riverside Park.
- Come support Red Bank Elks Lodge ER Shean Opie in his representation of our Veterans.
- Key note speaker is Scott Lewis! Scott is a Veteran. He holds the Veteran Committee Chair for Red Bank Elks Lodge.
- Repast BBQ to follow at the lodge. Red Bank Elks Lodge 40 w. Front St Red Bank, NJ 07701. If you would like to bring a side dish please feel free. Kids are welcome to join.
Garden State Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy: Dan Covel “Breaking Closed Guard and Pressure Passing” Seminar!
- May 27, 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM
- Dan is the head instructor at UFC Gym in Hoboken and Dan Covel BJJ in Manhattan. In addition to his own programs, he also trains under multiple time world chapion, Marcelo Garcia, at his academy in Manhatton.
- Dan is famous for his “Black Magic” closed guard and half guard. Dan is also widely known for his exellent teaching skills.
- This is not one to miss!
- We only have 30 spots available at the $30 price. Reserve your spot by visiting https://goo.gl/96R2TU
Hobbymasters: Pokemon Champions Tournament
- May 27. 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Think you got what it takes to be the best? Join us on Saturday May 27th at 11:00 am for a Standard Pokemon TCG Tournament and prove it. Guardians Rising will be officially legal in the standard format and prizes will be awarded to top placing players! Entry fee $10.00. Sign up early, limited spots available.
Teak Restaurant: Little Steven Afterparty at Teak Rooftop
- May 27, 11:00 PM to 2:00 AM
- After Little Stevens performance at The Count Basie Theatre join us for the after party at Teak Rooftop. This is one you will not want to miss, we already have very special guests confirmed for this one. We start about 10:45pm and go til closing. NO COVER!
Middletown Recreation: Community Fossil Hunt
- May 28, 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Calling all amateur paleontologists! Come dig up some Middletown history at Poricy Brook Fossil Beds. Expect to find marine fossils from the Cretaceous period, 65-72 million years ago. Meet at the Poricy Park Nature Center for a short orientation before travelling to the fossil beds. An experienced guide will provide you with a trowel and sifter, as well as help you identify your treasures. Please wear rubber boots or old sneakers as your feet will get wet. Sandals, flip-flops, and other slip-on footwear are prohibited. Ages 5+, all children must be accompanied by and adult.
- **Pre-registration is highly recommended**
Phoenix Productions: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory School Holiday Master Class
- May 29, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- The Charlie and the Chocolate Factory School Holiday Master Class runs from 9:00am-4:00pm and is inspired by the new Broadway smash, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which is about to debut in NYC. Students will learn scenes, choreography, and songs including full production numbers inspired by the show of the day, while having fun with friends and developing their triple threat skill-set.
- * No refunds will be issued less than four weeks before the first day of a class or camp session, except in the event that the event is cancelled by Phoenix Productions. (A student may be eligible for a full refund if he/she is unable to attend due to medical reasons. A note from the physician must accompany the written refund request.)
Monmouth Park: Jersey Shore Food Truck Festival
- May 27, 28, and 29
- Being held at the Monmouth Park Racetrack in Oceanport, NJ, the Jersey Shore Food Truck Festival will feature 45 food trucks ranging from comfort food, all the way to delicious desserts. There will be plenty of variety, ready to satisfy your palate.
- This will be a special three-day event, kicking off on Saturday, May 27th, and proceeding all the way to Monday, May 29th. On Saturday and Sunday, it’ll be opening up a little bit earlier at 11AM. For all three days, the Jersey Shore Food Truck Festival will be running until 5:30 PM.
- General admission is $5, while children under 12 years old are always free. General Parking is $5.