Create new family traditions by celebrating the traditions of an Old World Christmas. Join us for CHRISTMAS AT ALLAIRE – a day full of interactive programs and holiday activities as you experience the Magic and Joys of Christmas Past.
Warm up on the open hearth, make Christmas treats, creating winter arts and crafts, dancing and singing at the historic chapel, listening to the village carolers and musicians as they stroll the village, storytelling, preparing the Allaire Mansion for a French Christmas, and much more! Bring your holiday cards to be sent from our historic post office located in the General Store. Also keep your eyes out for Santa, a great photo opportunity!
Here are just a few of our activities taking place this day:
– Historic buildings open: 11 am to 4 pm.
– Each building decorated and interpreted according to a different Old World Christmas tradition.
– Join in the preparing for a French Christmas at the Allaire Mansion, a highlight of the day.
– Interactive music program in the Chapel: 12:30 pm, 2pm, and 3pm.
– Storytelling in the Enameling Building.
– Silhouette cutting in the Row House
– Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus visiting the village from 11 am to 4 pm, great photo opportunities!
– Carolers strolling the village
– Help build gingerbread houses, learn the history of nutcrackers and sing a Christmas carol at the parlor organ at the Manager’s House.
– Enjoy Christmas music throughout the village by our flutist, harpist, fiddler, guitarist, organist and others!
– Holiday fairy magic and bubble performances by The Pointsettia Fairy! Fun for kids of all ages!
– The General Store and Bakery will be open for holiday shopping.
– Blacksmithing, Wood Carving, Leather-making, and other 19th century craft demonstrations throughout the day.
– String cranberries or popcorn at the Foreman’s Cottage (for take home too!).
– A special animal appearance (weather permitting) by the Barn.
– Visit the Carriage House, warm by the fire pit, and see the carriages and sleds decorated for the holidays.
– Special Christmas Exhibit in the Village Museum at the Visitor Center featuring reproductions of vintage nutcrackers
– Make your own Christmas arts + craft that you can take home – make your own holiday gift wrapping paper, a snowy owl, a cookie crest
– Trains! A replica of the Central Railroad of NJ’s (CNJ) “Blue Comet” train, plus a vintage Lionel train display and village
Treat yourself to delicious food from our Pilsen Gourmet Food Truck that will be on site.
This is a capacity limited event; pre-purchase of tickets is STRONGLY recommended. Ages 2 and under free. Pre-purchase of tickets is $8. Day of tickets are subject to availability and are $10 per ticket. No refunds on tickets purchased. Tickets on non-transferable.
Tickets to Christmas at Allaire are available for purchase right now through the link below. It’ll be held from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Allaire State Park’s location on 4263 Atlantic Avenue in Wall, NJ.