If you’re a fan of beer gardens, you know that they’re few and far between around the Jersey Shore area. One of the biggest beer halls/gardens around the area, Asbury Festhalle & Biergarten, is located centrally in downtown Asbury Park and isn’t too far from the boardwalk.
We recently stopped by to check out this sprawling beer hall, which features an authentic biergarten experience filled with old European traditions, over 40 premium draft beers on tap, and a rooftop area as well.
For this visit, we tried out the following menu options below.
- Butternut Squash Spätzle – roasted butternut squash, Chorizo, creme fraiche, shallots ($18)
- Mesquite Turkey Wings – BBQ spice, cucumber salat, buttermilk dressing ($12)
- Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake – with maple bourbon sauce ($9)
- Raspberry Tea – Corgi Earl Grey Gin, Lemon, Simple, Chambord ($11)
- Festhalle Punch – Mount Gay Rum, Lime, Bitters, Pineapple, Grenadine ($11)
- Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier – Distinct banana, pear & bubble-gum esters, along with mild clove aromas, mark this as a classic Bavarian hefeweiz ($8)
- Hoegaarden – Unfiltered Belgian Wit, brewed with coriander and orange peel, creat ($13)
As always, don’t forget to check out all of our photos from the recent visit. If you’re looking for happy hour, just know that Asbury Festhalle & Biergarten offers a pretty good menu for it. Asbury Festhalle & Biergarten is located on 527 Lake Avenue in Asbury Park, NJ.