Fireworks celebrations are back this year after many were cancelled or postponed altogether last year due to the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. It’s wonderful news for anyone scoping out 4th of July Independence Day fireworks celebrations around Monmouth County and the greater Jersey Shore area. We’ve already heard whispers of a few, but you can bet that many more will be announced as we continue to get closer to July 4.
Naturally, we love sharing about the best events happening around the local area — so we’re constantly keeping up with any of the announcements. You’ll find all local 4th of July Independence Day fireworks celebration below that are official, but we’ll frequently update our list with any new additions. Don’t forget to check out some of our popular guides below.
- Best ice cream shops in Monmouth County, NJ
- Best parks in Monmouth County, NJ
- Best breweries in Monmouth County, NJ
- Best beach towns in Monmouth County
Where: Long Branch Beach, around Pier Village
It was announced that Long Branch would be hosting its 4th of July fireworks celebration, but it has since been postponed due to safety concerns.
Where: Along Bradley Beach beaches
Following after Long Branch’s announcement, Bradley Beach also ended up postponing its 4th of July fireworks show due to safety concerns. There will be a new date, which we’ll share once it’s announced.
When: various dates in July (see below)
Where: 2 Stadium Way, Lakewood, NJ 08701
The BlueClaws will host 17 Fireworks Shows this year on the following dates:
- May: Tuesday, May 4th (Opening Night at the Jersey Shore presented by Jenkinson’s Boardwalk); Friday, May 7th (presented by Atlantic Physical Therapy Center); Friday, May 21st (Irish Heritage Night presented by New Jersey Natural Gas).
- June: Friday, June 4th (presented by Coca-Cola), Friday, June 11th (Girl Scout Family Night presented by the Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore); Saturday, June 12th (presented by Toyota World of Lakewood).
- July: Friday, July 2nd; Saturday, July 3rd; Sunday, July 4th; Friday, July 9th; Friday, July 30th.
- August: Wednesday, August 4th (presented by New Jersey Natural Gas); Friday, August 6th (presented by Sunny Days Sunshine Center); Wednesday, August 18th (presented by RWJBarnabas Health); Friday, August 20th.(presented by NJR Home Services).
- September: Friday, September 10th; Saturday, September 11th (presented by Toyota World of Lakewood).
Fireworks Night Ticket Options
Fireworks nights are our most popular games of the year and thus sell out quickly. The BlueClaws offer both 5 & 10-Game Membership Plans (5-Game Plan, 10-Game Plan) that offer season ticket holder gifts, dinner and dessert at each game, boardwalk game passes, and more)!
For more information, call a BlueClaws representative at 732-901-7000 option 3.
Single-game tickets for fireworks nights can be ordered online by clicking the links below (single-game tickets go on sale beginning March 30th and April 1st to the general public).
When: July 7 (rain date is July 8)
Where: 101 Crawfords Corners Road, Holmdel, NJ
This event is open to the public, where attendees can watch the show from Bell Works’ parking lots. The festivities should begin once the sun goes down after dusk, but you’ll want to arrive a bit earlier to get the best views before they’re all taken.
When: July 10 at 9:15 p.m.
Where: Michael J. Tighe Park at 65 Georgia Road in Freehold
Freehold Township in partnership with the Veteran’s Community Alliance invite you to attend the 18th Annual Freehold Township Day at Michael J. Tighe Park. Free rides, local organizations and vendors, Teen Center, Screaming Broccoli and The Phil Engel Band on the main stage, Don’t Forget the Vet Car Show with over 100 cars and most importantly, showing our patriotic support and helping our veterans. FIREWORKS at 9:15 p.m. For more information on attending, vendor or sponsorship opportunities, please visit www.freeholdtownshipday.com.